Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rainy Sunday

I don't know what this road runner wind vane was doin in my yard, but it made for an interesting shot!
a sled getting wet in my back yard
a raindrop ripple

So, it was another rainy day today, so I tested to see how water resilient my new camera was, and it turned out to be pretty rugged! I'm definitely not going to submerge it in water, but it stood up to some pretty decent rainfall. :) (just have some napkins handy, and a plastic bag in case it starts to rain really hard) oh, I also had my scout board of review today, and I am an official EAGLE SCOUT now!!! wooooot!!! :D I made some cookies in celebration, and shared some with my friend! :D so, I did a good turn daily! ;)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jacob!! You got your Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roadrunner weather vane was made by your great grandfather (well, great step-grandfather) Jim Wakeford. If I remember right, he worked for General Electric (as did Grandpa Jim, but for a different division) as a sheet-metal worker or supervisor. When we would visit Grandma and Grandpa (Jo and Jim) down in Joshua Tree, Ca, he would sometimes have us do some sheet metal "art". He made a ton of these roadrunner things, some as static items (they were on some sort of curvy desert seedpod thingy) and some were more elaborate, like the weather vane. It used to be on the peak of the garage roof, but they took it down when they re-roofed the house.

    ReplyDelete